To seed high quality research efforts aimed at developing fundamental AI novel techniques, algorithms and adjacent technologies that will eventually significantly contribute to the other pillars of AI Singapore. Additionally, the AI Singapore Research Programme encourage national research collaborations and nurture local AI talents.
Targeted Capability Building in AI Research
Third Call for AI Research Proposal
The AI Research Grant Call 2020 will comprise two application stages:
AI Singapore invites proposals in advanced fundamental AI research for the following themes:
1.1 Theme One: AI for Collaborative Decision Making
This theme centres on advancing the state of the art in collaborative AI and the following are the three areas of interest:
- Human Modelling for Collaboration – Intentions; Goals; and Behaviours
- Complex Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Communications and Interaction – Collaboration with Sparse Information/Communication; Group Decision Making with Self Interested Agents or by Aggregated Opinions
1.2 Theme Two: Trustworthy and Explainable AI
This theme centres on advancing the state of the art in trustworthy or explainable AI and the following are the three areas of interest:
- Safe, Fair and Robust AI System Development
- Transparent or Explainable AI System Development
- Explainability and Trust (Safe, Fair, Robust) Assessment
1.3 Theme Three: AI for Design and Discovery
This theme centres on advancing the state of the art in resource efficient AI and the following are the four areas of interest:
- AI Understanding of Design and Creation
- Human AI Co-Design
- Knowledge Representation with Complex Priors or Measurements
- Science-Inspired or Physics-Based AI Systems and Models
The proposals may include, but not limited to, the proposed sub-topics areas.
Each proposal should address one of the three themes listed above. Alternative themes and proposals with multiple themes will not be considered for evaluation. Hence, we highly encourage proposals to have a clear research focus of a single theme.
AI Research Grant Call 2020 is open from
8 June 2020, 12:00 (SG Time) to 6 July 2020, 18:00 (SG Time).
Guides & Documents
(Last Updated: 23 June 2020)
Call for AI Kickstarter Proposal
The AI Kickstarter Grant Call provides a platform for AI researchers in Singapore to explore innovative ideas which have the potential to be developed into full proposals for large-quantum grant calls. It aims to fund multi-disciplinary applications, reflecting novel ideas and visions that are under explored and/or have significant social impacts.
There is no restriction on topics. However, researchers may consider these suggested areas:
- Collaborative AI
- Life Long Learning AI
- Privacy-Aware AI
- Resource Efficient AI
- Trustworthy AI
Proposals should emphasise novel and significant contributions in methodologies and algorithms rather than domain-specific solutions.
The funding support (inclusive of 20% IRC) is up to $100,000 per proposal, for a maximum of 1-year.
Note: If your application for the grant is successful, you are expected to submit your application to the NRF Competitive Research Programme (CRP) / MOE AcRF Tier 3 and its equivalent grant calls. Otherwise, a report detailing why the initial proposed approach is not feasible, is required.
AI Kickstarter Grant Call is now closed.
For any enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com
Guides & Documents for AI Singapore Research Kickstarter Grant Call
- Kickstarter Administrative Guidelines (12 April 2019)
- Kickstarter Application Form (29 March 2019)
- Annex A: T&C of the AISG Research Programme
- Annex B: Guidelines for Management of Competitive R&D Grants
- Annex C: Instructions to Institution’s Appointed Auditor on Financial Audit (Research)
- Kickstarter FAQs (12 April 2019)